Chinese-Course.com is a fast-loading, useful site for Mandarin Chinese learners to manage and practice vocabulary lists (words and sentences). There are many existing word and sentence lists created by other users that you can snag and use right away. You can also create your own lists and sentences on-the-fly and test yourself until you know them all. As a result, this resource works for Mandarin Chinese students of all levels, beginner to advanced. The self-testing is done via built-in flashcard software that you control.
The website has an integrated dictionary that gives explanations of individual charaters and terms (two or more Chinese characters that go together to create a concept or word) and includes examples of how these are used in real sentences. In addition, when you view a sentence, you can scroll over the charaters and view annotations. NB: You can copy and past any Chinese text you want into the site's Text Analyzer and it provides you with what you see below (see grey scroll-over pop-up in image for annotation).
Something I have found incredibly useful is the Sentence of the Day email that you can subscribe to on the site. This sends a different sentence every day and shows the Traditional and Simplified versions, complete with a translation of the sentence.
If you upgrade to a premuim membership (~$5/month) you can also hear audio for the sentence. In fact, the only thing you cannot do without a membership is hear the audio on the site. Other than that, it is full-featured and incredibly quick and helpful for learning Chinese through memorizing words/sentences and their constituents.
Today's Sentence of the Day caught my attention, and reminded me to post about this cool tool for Chinese learners!
Bravo Oliver for this excellent site and keep up the great work!
Study Chinese from Home
Welcome to the website of Chinese-Course.com. Here you can learn Traditional and Simplified Chinese online with our effective Flashcard System.
Improve your Chinese with only 10 minutes a day!
- Multiple Choice exercises and an innovative flashcard system will improve your Chinese in a relatively short time
- New words, idioms and phrases are added slow or fast to your personal vocabulary list, depending on how fast you learn
- You can listen to words and sentences with high quality sound files. Over 10.000 recorded words from Native speakers of Taiwan.
- Suitable for all levels - beginner, intermediate and advanced Mandarin Chinese learner
- Learn how to write with the integrated stroke order tool
- Words are explained in English, German and Spanish. Pronunciation is shown in Pinyin and Bopomofo (Zhuyin)
- Learn Chinese with funny jokes, famous quotes and romantic poems
- Learn traditional and simplified characters at the same time